Before painting your vehicle, you'll want to sand down the primer coat. This automotive video will show you how to block-sand the primer to prepare you for the actual paint job. It's actually a pretty simple step in auto painting.
In this video we are demonstrating how to block sand primer surfacer.
1. Apply guide coat to the surface.
2. Using a block and 320-grit sandpaper, cross-sand the surface.
3. Sand the surface until all guide coat is sanded off. If you sand through the primer surfacer and the epoxy, you will need to re-prime and block.
4. When all guide coat is sanded off and no filler or metal is showing, then you are ready to unmask.
5. Using a smaller block, sand harder to get areas and all edges.
6. Using a DA, inter-surfacer pad, and 500-grit sandpaper, sand over the surface where sealer and paint will be applied.
Now you're ready for final prep and masking for paint.
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course