New windshield wiper blades can be tough to install, but maintaining them is critical for safe driving in bad weather.
You Will Need
* New blades and attachments
* Your car's manual (optional)
* A small screwdriver (optional)
Step 1: Buy the right blades for your car
Buy the right blades at your local auto parts store, based on your car's make and model. The package should contain blades and attachment parts.
Step 2: Pull the wiper arm away from the windshield
Gently pull the wiper arm away from the windshield.
Step 3: Determine which attachment piece you should use
Look at your windshield wiper and note how it's attached. Determine which of the new blade attachment parts you should use.
Consult your car's manual for more information on the blade attachment.
Step 4: Remove the old windshield wiper blade
Remove the old windshield wiper blade from the blade arm. You may need to use a screwdriver to press in an attachment tab.
Step 5: Install the new attachment and blades
Install the correct attachment and blades. Carefully push the wiper arm back against the windshield.
Don't let the wiper arm snap back against the windshield. You might crack the glass.
Step 6: Test the new blades
Test the new blades by turning the wipers on and making sure that the attachments are secure. Tighten them if the blades slip out.
Fact: Mary Anderson patented a swinging arm with rubber blades for windshields in 1905. By 1913, windshield wipers were standard equipment.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades