If you've ever dinged your car—or worse, a friend's or parent's car—and caused a dent, you know how expensive it can be to fix. A two-second mistake can end up costing hundreds of dollars, but you can save yourself repairs costs and a headache with just a couple of household items.
Luckily, if the dent isn't too nasty, you can probably fix it in just a few seconds. You'll need the following:
- a hair dryer (or heat gun)
- can of computer duster spray
Take your hair dryer and start thoroughly heating the dented area. Do this for about 20-30 seconds. If you're using a heat gun, be careful to not damage the paint. Use a circular motion to make sure the full area is heated through.
Immediately after you've heated the dented area, spray it with the computer duster, but make sure to hold the can upside-down. This will cause the CO2 to release super-cold—you may want to consider wearing gloves.
Once sprayed thoroughly, just sit back and watch. You should be able to hear the metal popping, and in a few seconds, you'll see the dent release back into the normal shape. Bam!!
For more info, check out the video below from Larry Dorf:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades