In this video, Richpin demonstrates how to install a trunk override light switch in a Saturn car. When you open the trunk in a Saturn, the light turns on and there's no way to turn it off. Thus you must have a switch in the circuit so you can turn the trunk light off. Select an out of the way place to mount the switch so it doesn't interfere with your cargo. Find the blue connector. The red wire with the black stripe is the ground wire from the latch switch. First, disconnect the battery. Then, cut the red wire and tin the ends of them with a soldering iron. Splice in a switch by soldering the ends of the switch to the end of the cut wire. Slide shrink tubing over the ends of the wire. Heat it up to create a bond. Mount the switch into a pre-drilled hole with a bolt. Your trunk override light switch is now ready to be used.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades