This is how I replaced the warn ball joints on my 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. This should be similar for Buick Regals from 1997-2003, Grand Prix from 1997-2008, and Chevy Monte Carlos from 2000-2007.
I originally intended to grind down the rivets holding the ball joint to the control arm and use a punch to punch them out. That did not work as they would not move at all. I used a 1/8" drill bit to drill a pilot hole and then a 7/16" bit to drill out the rivet. I had to open the control arm hole up to 1/2" as the new bolts wouldn't fit the 7/16" hole.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades