This may just be the most in-depth guide out there for replacing ball joints on trucks, so be prepared. You'll be learning the full details on replacing both the upper and lower ball joints on a 2-wheel drive, full-sized vehicle. To begin, grab all the necessary tools below, then proceed to watch all 31 parts of this repair video walkthrough.
* 4-way tire iron
* Jack stand
* Lower ball joints
* Upper control arm ball joint assembly
* Standard and metric socket set
* Ball joint pickle fork
* Hydraulic floor jack
* Ball joint press
One you have all the tools and parts, you'll be learning how to loosen lug nuts, jack up the truck, remove the tire, reload the truck suspension, remove retaining nuts, remove the calipers and calipers bridge, remove upper ball joint, index the control arm boots, remove the upper control arm, grease ball joints, remount the upper control arm, realign mounting bolts, remove the lower ball joint, remove lower snap ring, press out the lower ball joint, install the lower ball joint, press a lower ball joint, reinstall the snap ring, install a spindle, torque castle nuts, install the caliper bridge and calipers, remount the tire, lower the jacked up truck, tighten lug nuts, and finally… testing the truck.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades