Can you pull 33x your body weight?
Sam Noyoun can. Uphill no less.
A ha! Physics! Mechanical advantage says we can distribute the weight using pulleys and leverage our weight against that of the much heavier van. Our estimate says the VW bus weighs 5000 lbs, while Sam here weighs 150lbs (or about 33x's less).
You need a fulcrum - or in this case a tree. And a pulley - or a looped rope. The trick is in how you loop the rope over itself creating organic pulleys which cut the weight and create the mechanical advantage for Sam.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades